Seats (650 of 650 Declared)
Change in Seats
Original Exit Poll
Source: Ipsos MORI (BBC/Sky/ITV)
- Boris Johnson has won a majority in this historic election.
- The Tories now have a Commons majority of 80.
- Labour have had their worst result in 80 years.
- The SNP have won a landslide in Scotland winning 48 seats.
- Nichola Sturgeon has called for Scotland’s right to have a second independence referendum.
- Labour have gained in London but have also lost significant ground in the North and Wales, the ‘Red Wall’ has fallen.
- Jeremy Corbyn has announced that he will resign as leader of the Labour Party before the next election.
- Jo Swinson lost her seat to the SNP forcing her resignation.
- Westminster DUP Leader Nigel Dodds also lost his seat.
- Turnout was down in leave-majority areas but up in remain-majority areas and Scotland.
- The pound has hit a 18 month high.